2013年9月27日金曜日

The power of uncertainty

Being sure is probably the worst thing ever. It sure helps to go along your way in the easiest way, but it does not do much help otherwise, especially to change your path along the way. 

Not being sure means to be always on your guard : aware and awake. It is a little bit tiring, I cannot deny it; but it is rewarding when you understand new things. That doesn't mean you cannot rely on what you know, it just means that, while relying on it, just check a little bit more. Science itself relies on such a pattern, and I sincerely believe that anything in life should be looked at about the same way, trying, being aware and... being awake.

I cannot deny that it does make me feel better to think that I am doing better than all these surrounding religions. That is a little plus I will not let go. But having all of them disappear would be a disaster. If I am mistaken somewhere, who will redress me? You need people to question your choices, so that you can reflect on them. If you were alone in a dancing room, you could do whatever you want, but with a whole crowd surrounding you, you are bound to cross someone else's path, sometimes hitting a little each other, sometimes going up to hurting each other.

And, as long as we don't understand our Dancing Room completely, this Universe, I'd rather have people who disagree with me just to keep me awake and aware. And a little unsure whether I am right or wrong. In the end, I'll end up better anyways.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿