2014年6月9日月曜日

Of hurt and pain

You can heal while there is pain. You cannot while there is still hurt.

What I mean here is that as long as the cause is still there, you are still being hurt. Sure, it's painful, but it isn't the pain that hinders healing, but all the hurt you are still, I think, receiving.

Never ignore or, worse, forget an experience, no matter how painful it may have been.

If there is hurt, it means something is going wrong. It could be yourself, but life has taught me that most of it is not caused by yourself. (Obviously, because your part of the Universe is so small.)

So this hurt is actually a blessing; to tell you that something IS wrong.

But, yes, it still hurts, and then you feel pain. And healing isn't easy.

But if you find what is hurting you, the best advice I could give you, I received from a mentor who died over 2400 years ago. It would be Socrates :
"When you do not like the Laws of City; Leave the City."
I understood Socrates this way : if there is hurt, something is wrong. As far as I know, people do not want wrong things in their lives so, GET RID OF THEM.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿