2014年6月22日日曜日

True oatmeal is truly good

When I was a kid, for years, I used to eat those instant oatmeals made by Quacker; I could only eat one kind (maple and brown sugar); all others, especially plain, were disgusting.

When I started to do some muscle workout a couple of years ago, I tried against instant oatmeal, plain. It was still disgusting, and I fought many battles by trying to add some natural flavor. The only one I ever truly appreciated from then on was peanut butter. (Yes, oatmeal + peanut butter, and I still absolutely love it.)

But then, since I came to Japan, I had to use traditional oatmeal, that I buy throught the Internet. It's very cheap (cheaper than rice, actually), but I was afraid of the taste it would have. So I still added my spoonful of peanut butter into my oatmeal. Delicious as always. But then, today.

I did not want to add any fat to my thing (special workout requiring that the first meal be as exempt from fat as possible), but I only had oatmeal available on hand. So I prepared my usual bowl, and then I tried it, without peanut butter. This is when I learned that true oatmeal is truly good.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿